Most of us like to change visual styles, we usually do it by changing the uxtheme.dll file and then applying different themes. But if you are using Windows XP SP3 (service pack3) then you need to use a different version of Uxtheme.dll. The previous uxtheme.dll doesn’t work with SP3. You need to download the uxtheme patcher in order to install new visual styles in XP SP3.
1. Download uxtheme patcher from here.
2. Start the patcher by double clicking on it.
3. Click on the Patch button, and wait for a few seconds for it to patch.
4. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
5. That’s it, now you can apply your custom visual styles. To add new styles copy them to “c:/windows/resources/themes”
You can check out for some cool styles here.